Parents warned of dangers of ‘chafing’ in Conker Protection Suits
An inquiry is underway at a school in the Golden Triangle after an innocent game of conkers suddenly took a sinister turn.
It has emerged that a year 6 pupil at Avenues Road school had to be sent home with second degree chafing as a result of wearing a school issue CSS (Conker Safety Suit)
Nobody at the school was available for comment, but a notice on the school’s web site states:
At this stage we have taken the sensible precaution of banning conkers while we try to better understand the devastating interrelationship between Kevlar and Talcum Powder.
Is it time to replace dangerous Horse Chestnut seeds with foam balls ?